Celoteh - Sachdar

Share all of thoughts ....

Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
May 30, 2009

Last Gift to Dinda

Posted by sachdar

That afternoon, the sky began to appear with the gradation, seen a few strokes of white clouds, mixed with yellow reddish, perhaps a reflection of the sun's twilight and the coming months. What a beautiful sight, like an abstract painting on canvas cut up into.

There were sparrows descend cracks hospital. It seems there is life, because some nests are composed of woven twigs of trees there. At the hospital, there is also life, only less than perfect life. Place, filled with a lot of hope, and despair. There are even some people who are only waiting for final seconds of his life in the world. Aroma chemicals, is dominating the air circulation in that place, and can make them sick for the allergy to the drug.

In one room, I and my daughter, was engrossed mingle. My left hand holding a small bowl of rice with several side dishes, and other hand held a spoon that is ready menyiduk contents of the bowl. Gusts of wind from the fan mounted on the roof of the room, add cool evening air. Occasionally heard mournful moans from the next room, which makes sad, the hearts of the inhabitants of the hospital.

"Well ... well ... .. ade buy a doll ya! Ade next week's birthday. "Says my daughter quietly. At that time dinda was lying in a hospital because of Dengue Fever hit.
"What a doll de?," I asked.
"Doll loo .... pooh, "she said, as he is led in pain.
"God willing, next week my father bought .... but ade to an appointment as a father. Ade should promise, if ade should be cured! ... hows? "
"Hmm .... yes, ade promise ... "
"Good child! That is just the name my father's daughter, ... if you want to quickly recover ade should eat, trus taking medication, "I said.
"Oh gitu ya, yah!"
"Iyaa, so, now ade eat ya! ayoo ...." I said, with a spoonful of rice into his mouth.

Finally dinda opened his mouth and chewed rice that I just grease his. "Siip ...... daughter's father was smart ,....."

I'm glad to see my daughter wanted to eat, because since the five-day hospitalization, she was very difficult to eat.

At that time I was smiling, but my heart cried. I'm sorry for all the dinda, after three months and then sentenced types of physicians, now he must be treated again because of Dengue Fever.

Indeed, since my wife died, he was just getting the love and attention from me. As for my time to dinda very little, I was too busy with my work.

I asked my sister who was in college, to stay with me, so that some company dinda when I was in the office.

When the sweat came, I lay my body on the couch home. My mind wandered to each side of my life. I could see my wife's face who had left a year ago, I missed him. He is the figure of a good wife, wise mother figure, while my best friend.

In that wanderings, crossed dinda a sad face. If the pain can be moved kediriku, I'll be sincere in his place. "Sorry for you, son," I thought. Did not feel I shed a tear.

Suddenly, my cell phone rang.

"Gung, before I am sorry nih. Forced, tomorrow I have to assign you to Borneo to conduct Site Acceptance Test, Indosat project, "
"Hmm, there was nothing else, sir? Frankly I was quite mind, know their own father, my son is still in the hospital, "as he wiped the tears, I refuse the request boss.
"No one else can, you only the best people in the company that can do this job. Come on, this time I begged kekamu, just four days aja kok! "

I paused for a moment, to think about what decisions must take. Finally I was forced to accept the request boss.

"OK, sir! I'll take this risk. "
"Good, tk's yes! I've got tickets and the necessary documents, then I'll send someone to send it to your house. "
"Ok sir! Tk's also yes .... "I said, as he ended the conversation.

That same evening I went to the hospital to see my daughter.

"De, you've better kah?," I asked dinda
"Still a bit dizzy, well!." I tried to hold his forehead with the back of my hand, not temperature. Apparently, his fever was still high.
"De, father had not bought you a doll! Aja ya later, four days away ... "
"Gpp well, but why should four days, yah?."
"Anu ... hhh .... father's work outside the office, but you do not worry, just four days aja kok! Father promises, his return would have bought you a doll. "

Frankly I was a little hard to say goodbye to him, but I have no other choice. I know, dinda very sad to hear that, seen from the look on his face that was still innocent.

But I also can not look sad in front of him, when I could not hold back my feelings, I'm out of the room dinda treated. Tears, I thought, "why do I have to take this difficult decision, very tough to leave my daughter I am."

But I must not dissolved with sadness, perhaps this is the best way should I go. I wipe my tears, and then returned to dinda, kissed her forehead, and left him still lying limp in the room.

When I was out of town, almost every 6 hours so I called my sister, in order to find out dinda condition, my daughter.

When the last day of duty, I sempatkan myself to buy presents for my brother and my daughter. Not forgetting pooh doll, sepesial for dinda birthday.

That very afternoon, with the plane I left Kalimantan to Jakarta.

Around 6 o'clock in the afternoon I arrived in Jakarta.

But when I want to get off the plane, I fell. Fortunately, when it was only a few steps back, so my fall was not too sick. For some reason, when I was very careless. And I've tried to be careful.

From the airport I went on my way to the house by taxi, after putting the equipment plan, I'm going to the hospital, to meet dinda.

Four days was not met my daughter, it was missed. After this assignment, I will take a sabbatical, so he could accompany dinda in hospital.

Around seven o'clock, I arrived in front of my house residential complex. But I was riding in a cab that could not get into housing, because the front portal was closed.

"What is yes, tumben-tumbenan closed its portal," I thought.

Then I fell in front of the housing, and continue on foot. A few meters from my house, I saw many people gathered in front of my house. It makes me nervous. Kupercepat fast pace to get home.

Arriving in front of the house, one neighbor, with a sad face, immediately approached me. Then said, "sir, the patient yes!." My heart is increasingly erratic, my mind wondered, "what's actually."

From the front of the house, I saw many people were inside the house to teach. Then I step my foot to get inside. What a surprise, after seeing my daughter was lying stiffly among the people.

"Not possible!." There was a suitcase and some plastic bags that I tenteng apart from my grasp.

Dinda eyes, was not seen as a closed cotton, and wrapped his body also had a white cloth. I approached the body that was not dead, the corpse had been so close to me, which encouraged the bodies to stay alive, my daughter's body so I care about.

I could only stare at my daughter's pale face. A few drops of tears rolled down my cheeks sidelines. I wish I did not remember Penciptaku, now I have a good cry.

I softly said,

"Why did you leave his father, de?,"
"Why not say goodbye the same old dad?,"
"Father, had brought the doll of pooh ya!,"
"This birthday gift for you .........."

Her lips are smiling made me a very sad time, who knows how many drops of water out of this mine. At the time I'm sorry, if I had not agreed to work outside the city, probably will not happen something like this.

But, I can not regret that, perhaps it's become his destiny. None of the creatures who could oppose him. Honesty have my daughter's departure, I'm sure now he was met by his mother in Heaven.

Six hours over ten minutes earlier, dinda last breath in the hospital, coinciding with the arrival of the plane in Jakarta. Indeed, it struck me greatly, I have wasted the only grace of God that I have right now. Hopefully this incident, can make my eyes wide open, how precious time I have.

0 comments:

Post a Comment